Blog Archive

Friday 18 February 2022

Working on a new description of my work.

 

Anita Gwynn

Monotypes/collage/collographs 

My artistic practice focuses on drawing and printmaking.  I build up the print in layers, sometimes using collagraphs and stencils.

Our lives depend on the gifts that the earth gives us. I particularly like the plants that spring up, tenaciously, between the cracks.  Each flower has a use and a story. They are food to us, the bees, butterflies and insects, or have healing properties that have been used for centuries.  Without them we would not survive. Leave the ‘weeds’ alone!

 I love this quote from Dara McAnulty (Author of “A Young Naturalist” and particularly astute 17-year-old): “I don’t know what the future will be, but I absolutely know that joy and the things that give us joy in this world, especially the natural world, are essential for everything”.

 Having recently located to Bradford from an increasingly urbanised Lewisham (tower blocks appear on a monthly basis), I am constantly filled with joy when I look out of the window and see hills and trees.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven