Blog Archive

Monday 28 February 2022

Allotment life - work in progress



I am lucky enough to be sharing an allotment now.  It's really beautiful and really near to my house.  So, work in progress is both the allotment and my prints!  There is always something interesting in other people's allotments.  These drawings are showing the bottom of the space.  This is the pizza oven, or the kiln!  Martin has been digging up clay and making pots and firing then.  Unfortunately, the recent storms have rather ruined it.  

The fire bin has rusted and developed an interesting patina.  The green leaves are the raspberry bush.  There were raspberries on them at the time (late September and I will be adding them to the print) and they were delicious.  Looking forward seeing those back!  Late raspberries are good.  

We have been preparing the beds for planting.  Everything is planted later up north!  But I am determined to be ready with plants when the time comes.  I am chitting potatoes already.

Here is one of the beds.  We are following the Charles Dowding 'no dig' method and hopefully it will be a positive experience!  You can see the view.  Looking over towards Baildon Moor.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven