Blog Archive

Monday 23 March 2020

Giving thanks for my garden and other stories.

So here we are then, in the middle of this pandemic.   I am at home, and so I have been gardening.  How grateful I am for this luxury.  I can sit in the spring sunshine, watch my plants coming back to life and see the birds on the feeders.  I think we have long tailed tits nesting in the conifer in the garden next door.  I also think there are blackbirds in the ivy.  Such a lovely time of the year and so sad that we can't go out and enjoy this lovely spring weather in the countryside. 


 I have been for a few local walks, making sure that I don't get too close to people.  It's very odd talking to people from a distance of 2 metres.  Slightly unnerving.  The buds are just bursting on the trees on Hilly Fields and the blossom starting to appear.  In about three weeks the hawthorn will start to blossom and I don't suppose I will be able to go up there to see it.  I wonder how we will cope with being cooped up?  I hate the thought of not being able to go outside.  We are, after all, social animals.
Of course, the art fair I was supposed to be  taking part in at the weekend is cancelled.  Postponed until October.  Hopefully we will have pulled through this time and will be there to celebrate. 

So many lovely things cancelled over the coming months. 

Oh well, time now to do some drawing and reading and all that cleaning I never have time for........ 😁
 The blossom and the horse chestnut are coming to life again. 

At Roots and Shoots, the bee hotel has been updated.  We have our very own Shard now!
I am so sorry not to be at work at this time of year.  It all starts to get exciting now. Some beautiful plants and the solitary bees will be starting to come out now.  At first I thought it would be great to be at home for a while, with time on my hands, but I think I will miss my job, the students, who often make me laugh and constantly surprise me.  I will miss my colleagues too, who also often make me laugh and constantly surprise me!!!!

Oh well, as everybody is saying ...... stay healthy everyone. Look after yourselves as best you can and I'll see you on the other side. Hopefully 😳😧

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven