Blog Archive

Monday 2 March 2020

Waiting for illumination, the incubation has been going on for too long!

I've been working hard in my studio. Feels like 3 steps forward and 3 steps back half the time.  Sometimes it feels like hard work and as if I'm getting nowhere.  This is the creative process I suppose. 

I have just 'googled' The Creative Process.  Blimey. There are videos, graphs, websites, keynote speakers, life coaches you can pay to help your through it, it's endless.  Some talk about the five stages, some the four stages.  I'm exhausted just thinking about it now!  I'm waiting for the Illumination stage.

I am working on a few pieces in the studio.  This is normal, while I'm waiting for one to dry, I can get on with something else.  I am hoping to produce another collage, similar to the Bee Home one in my last show.  I sold one of them so am hoping to replace it.   I have also been cutting up old prints.  I find cutting out very therapeutic and listen to podcasts whilst I am doing it. 

Hope to see people at Super Nature art fair at the Garden Museum at the end of March.  Link in last blog entry. 


I








No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven