Blog Archive

Wednesday 17 November 2021

Onwards and Upwards

 I have just this week decided to take stock and think about starting to make some new work.  I have spent time on my computer looking at photos of old work to try and remind myself what I am about!!  Sounds mad, but moving house is one of the most stressful things I have done. I realise that this is what everybody says, but believe me, until you pack up 21 years of your life (30 years in my studio - gosh) you have no idea!  My head was full of that for months and no time to think about my practice at all.  

Anyway - here I am.  New house, new life, new places to explore.  With this in mind, I have booked myself onto a Risograph course next Monday.  It's at Bread and Roses, a great little space in Bradford. 

https://thebreadandroses.coop/cafe/

I am hoping I can find a way to make a book using some of the ideas I have had over the years.  




Thinking of starting on some drawings of Butterbur.  There was masses of it in Hirst Wood Nature Reserve last spring.  Very good for migraines apparently.  And allergies.  It's a dramatic looking thing, the large flowers emerge before the larger leaves. 









1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about moving. We haven't even started doing it yet, but just thinking about it means I can't think of anything else. Good luck with new work. Looking forward to seeing it. x J

    ReplyDelete

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven