Blog Archive

Friday 30 July 2021

Moving on with new inks and new secateurs

The above photos are of the natural inks I was given as a leaving present*.  The colours are just lovely!  I am looking forward to using these next week when I spend a week in Northumberland.  Fingers crossed it doesn't rain continuously! (I was also given a pair of Niwake secateurs. If you like Japanese engineering, have a look at that website!!). 


Well, it's been a strange couple of weeks.  I left my job after 5 years*, because I'm leaving the Smoke and moving North. It's always been a vague plan, but here we are, probably only weeks away from the reality.  All a bit daunting but very exciting too, of course.  So it's back to Bradford!  I'm so looking forward to being closer to the beautiful countryside of West Yorkshire and being that much closer to the rolling hills and moors of North Yorkshire and the North Yorkshire coast.  Looking forward to redesigning the tiny garden as well.  If it all goes through without any hitches, I will be 5 minutes walk away from Heaton Woods and a beautiful view over Baildon Moor.  So excited!!

So not much work in my studio recently.  I have started packing it up.  I have been there for so long, it's proving quite stressful.  However, once you start you have to finish so, next week I will mainly be in my studio covered in dust.  

Here is a leaving photo of the wall of gelli prints.  I usually start these prints when I am feeling uninspired and it's a way of getting my eye back in and sometimes they make interesting backgrounds to my drawings.  I wonder how much my work will change when I am living in a completely different environment?  The lower prints are of a burdock leaf that I watched being eaten over a couple of days. They eat away at the leaf, so  only the veins remain, leaving a beautiful bit of lace.




 

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you're moving to a new beautiful place! X

    ReplyDelete

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven