Blog Archive

Sunday 9 February 2020

There's a storm outside but Spring is on the way!

I am sitting here in the house, looking at Storm Ciara outside.  Last week was Imbolc, which I have never heard of until this year.  It is the mid-point between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox. The days are definitely getting longer and I am always cheered when I notice that there is light in the sky before I leave for work and after I come home.  Such a relief.

This spring I am part of an art fair at the Garden Museum called Super Nature.  It is a curated art fair and all the artists are inspired by the joy of plants.

I am making some new work for the art fair.  As always plants are at the heart of my work.  Working through the winter, I have been remembering last summer, which was very hot.  Funny how you can't quite recall what it was like, that heat.

So here is the link:
https://gardenmuseum.org.uk/events/super-nature/

And here is the link to the exhibition that will be on at the same time.  Looks great.
https://gardenmuseum.org.uk/exhibitions/sanctuary-artist-gardeners-1919-1939/



Hostas  and white willowherb.  Inspired by a visit to Juliet's garden last June on a very hot day.  We could barely move and had to wait until sunset before going for a walk.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven