Blog Archive

Wednesday 28 October 2015

sketchbooks and seeds

 Feeling slightly adrift. I haven't posted for a long time and thought I would share what I have been doing in my studio.  Mostly finishing off some Dandelion prints and thinking about seeds and seed heads. Seeds and their methods of distribution are fascinating and I am hoping to collect more in the next couple of days.

I love printing leaves.  I know it's completely overdone in the big, wide world, but there is something completely gratifying about seeing the beautiful markings of the leaf.  Especially when the leaf has been eaten away.  These are hop leaves.  I think snails find them delicious.  Maybe it's the beer smell that attracts them.

Collected some new Alder catkins.  Green and fresh, unlike the brown ones I drew last winter.  In my studio, they are gradually drying up and splitting apart.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven