Blog Archive

Thursday 18 July 2024

Lichen and Moss. Phwoar!

 Well it was a bit rainy.  What do you expect from a July Monday in 2024?! But the plants didn't disappoint!  I took Nicola along, who loves a bit of moss.  And this is moss heaven.  I won't say much here, I'm merely using this as a reminder, a diary, a record of what I've been up to.  I love mosses and lichen.



 


Cave spiders. They were relocated.  You can look inside.  Couldn't see spiders but could see these egg cases.  At least I think that's what they are.  Very beautiful.


They are lucious and gorgeous. They're not like plants, although they sort of are plants.  They are plants without flowers!  Anyway, I'm not a biologist or a bryologist, even, for now. I just want to share some photos... so I know where they are!


Marsh Cinquefoil.  Just lovely.  


Sundew. Tiny and venemous.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven