Blog Archive

Wednesday 27 February 2019

Spring but probably not Spring.

I've been miserable, I realise.  It's the dark and the gloomy weather, I suppose. I don't have anything else to be down-hearted about.  I consider myself lucky.  I have a house, I have food, I have marvellous friends and lovely children and a lovely partner.  But the dark mornings and grey days have had their effect this winter, and the cold studio doesn't inspire me to work. BUT....  It's been great to see the sunshine over the last couple of days!  So I'll be back in my studio, hopefully, lots and will be thinking about my next exhibition, not until October, but lots to do.  I leave you with some sunny pictures from last year.  I love a geranium and I suspect they will feature in new work.  I have been reading about the great plant collector John Tradescant.  He brought many of these into the UK.  These ones grow wild. They are beautiful.



 
This is a dried flower.  I took a picture of it through a small magnifying lens.
How lovely to see the pollen grains in there.  I might get one of those lenses for my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven