Blog Archive

Monday 1 October 2018

Flower Stories

I am going to be having an exhibition at Deptford Does Art in Deptford High Street  http://www.deptforddoesart.com/

Opens Thursday 1st November at 7pm.  Put it in your diaries.

I have produced a little book that tells the stories that accompany the plants.   The exhibition will be:

"A collaboration with the plants that grow willfully or recklessly, against all odds."

I like to draw the flowers of the wayside. The tenacity of the flowers that pop up in the urban environment is to be celebrated.  I love the flowers that come up amongst the litter and the debris of life around a station or a bus stop.  Suddenly something jewel like catches your eye and you are cheered!  Each flower has a use. They are food to us, the bees, butterflies and insects, or have healing properties that have been used for centuries.

Ecology and stewardship are important to me, and since my research as an artist, I see that we do not exist in isolation, but as part of a whole. Without plants we wouldn’t survive.

Enjoy the stories.


A part of a print called Sowthistle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven