Blog Archive

Monday 28 September 2015

Next weekend we have OPEN STUDIOS

 Typically, I start a whole new bunch of prints that I won't have time to finish for Open Studios.

I've been experimenting with various techniques and am quite pleased with the results so far.





OPEN STUDIOS are at Lewisham Arthouse. Starting this Friday 2nd October from 6pm onwards.  Then on Saturday and Sunday from 12 - 18.00 hours.  Be nice to see you.

Printing from the actual plant here.  Pineapple weed and a hop leaf that something has enjoyed nibbling into.



 
My work looking at seedheads continues and I have collected many this autumn.  I might have a nature table at the Open Studios.  You can look for yourselves!  The one on the left is Agrimony.  The flowers are pretty, a nice yellow spike.  The seedheads form into the complicated shapes you see on the left.  They have hooks that will catch nicely on some passing sheep or jumper and be carried to a new location to germinate.

The one on the right is from a Sweet gum tree. The RHS says it's flowers and fruits are "inconspicuous". Plainly not true, I have spent weeks drawing these weirdly alien shapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven