Blog Archive

Thursday 12 April 2012

Ok...decided I was stuck in a way of working and am finding it hard to break out! I picked up my watercolours and inks and tried to work in a different way. Using colours that are brighter than usual.  Quite like the results myself. Not sure if anyone else likes them, but I don't care.  I am just trying things out. Want to work on some monoprints that are a bit more garish. Will see how it goes tomorrow. Have time in studio and hope to use it wisely.   Lovely time in North Yorkshire. Went to Hayburn Wyke and couldn't help but notice someone had collected the plastic and left in a box up past the tide line. Horribly aware of all plastic on beach. Picked some up and took to box. Probably reason for bright colours. Nothing on beach short of  vivid pink or blue or orange. Not sure why Albatross thinks it food?  Seems so abnormally bright, vivid and not very nice really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven