Blog Archive

Friday 10 February 2023

A quick catch up

The left picture is Golden Samphire, which is in an exhibition at The Old Parcel's Office in Scarborough from tomorrow 11th February.  A trip to the seaside again!  Lovely.  

The second picture is called Bee Sanctuary and I have just submitted it to an exhibition in Halifax called Nature's Endurance, so we will see. In making this work, I hope to articulate my interest and curiosity in the intricate way our planet is held together.  Ecology and stewardship are important to me, and since my research as an artist, I have come to see that we do not exist in isolation, but as part of a whole.  Without plants we wouldn’t survive.  Without bees we wouldn’t survive.  

It's good to be thinking about exhibiting work and starting conversations. 





The following are pieces I have been working on.  Nothing is finished but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak!   I will sit down and write something about these pieces soon.  

There's going to be some collage going on and I have been trying out some new processes too.  












No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven