Blog Archive

Monday 25 June 2018

Roots and bees

 We dug up dandelions. For two reasons, one I wanted them to draw and two, he needed to get them out of the allotment before they turned into a ball of seeds.  I've been drawing them ever since.  First of all they did turn into clocks.  Even when they are out of water and all dried up, the flowers turn into seeds.  The roots lost their flowers to seeds and the leaves died down and I put the roots in water.  They have now grown new leaves.

The roots are interesting.  I have drawn roots before.  I love the twisting and turning of them, as they find their way deeper into the ground.

Working through some ideas here, with monotypes and mixed media.  Crayons, water colours, pencil.


The circles on the drawing are inspired by the bee hotels we have at work.  The solitary bees are absolutely fascinating.  All together there are 267 species of bees in the UK.  267!  I am going to continue with research into the bees and drawing bee homes, but meanwhile thought I would catch up with quick post as it's been a while.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven