Blog Archive

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Goodbye and Goodluck to 2014. Sod you. You were rubbish.

Well here I am, at the end of the year.  I'm glad to see the back of it, quite frankly. It wasn't great.  But it has ended well, so I'll be happy to welcome in 2015.  I have started to think about new drawings and where that might go and so I am confident and happy to begin the year with a mighty plan.

Which sounds fantastic, I know. ok...a slight plan. I have new drawings to work on.

This was the year I lost my Mum.  She was 90, and so I realise I didn't lose her before time, but it's always a hard one and makes me feel suddenly grown up and sort of alone.

There were other crap things in 2014, but I am glad they happened now.  I can move on and up and get on with stuff, that the other thing was getting in the way of.  Hell, it was getting in the way.  I have far more time for lovely, interesting things now.  Such as GLEANING.  Which I have mentioned, of course.  I now want to spend the immediate new year seeing a few exhibitions.  I will thinking about where my work is going and will read lots of stuff, to help where my work is going.  In 15 minutes, it will be Christmas Day.  December has been great. I have met new friends and had new experiences.  I hope that 2015 will carry on being just as great.  Happy New Year everybody and lets hope it is better than 2014.  I am not alone in thinking last year was shite.  I read an article by Charlie Brooker just today.  Read it.  It's poignant and hilarious.

I would like to thank my many and gorgeous friends, who were there for me in times of need. Always ready to ply me with drink and hot tubs and love.  I love you all. xxxxx

 http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/22/goodbye-cruel-2014-we-promise-not-to-miss-you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven