Blog Archive

Sunday 6 November 2011

Sand Bay

These prints are quite old, but I have added them, as I have been thinking about them recently.  I spend quite a lot of time in North Somerset and during 2009 I was inspired by walking around Sand Bay on the Severn Estuary.  It is wild and last time I was there, very, very windy. Weston-super-Mare, just around the corner from Sand Bay, is well known for it's mud.  Ecologically this mud is very important.  It is one of the best areas for mud, sand flats and Atlantic salt meadows.  Looking at the beach, the shells, the washed up twigs and wood and the salty edges, I produced a series of prints that represent this watery perimeter, between land and estuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven