Blog Archive

Friday, 10 June 2016

Open Studios...... A good time.

We had a great open studios last weekend.  Lots of people came and were very positive about my work and the work of the arthouse generally.  We have a rolling programme of exhibitions coming up so pop in and see the place.

http://www.lewishamarthouse.org.uk/

For those of you who didn't make the event, you missed a good one.  We had tours around studios, to give the public a chance to talk to the artists about their work.  We had jerk chicken and music in the yard in the evening.  It was a great day and night.


The yard on the Saturday night.  Full of people, lights, music and food.  What's not to like?!  Credit to Conrad Ellam for the photograph here.




Here is a picture of my studio wall and my collection.  This is what was on offer on Saturday and Sunday last week.  I sold three monotype drawings, so I am very pleased.  The response was very positive.






 Rose drawings. Small and large.

Wild flowers and collections.




These are pictures of in and around my garden.








These are things I have collected. Some natural, some not.  Shells, fossils, stones, abandoned crockery, washed up on the shoreline.  Seeds and flower heads.  The little glass bottles contain seeds or bits of "stuff".  Some of them are filled with plastic.  I was working on a project a couple of years ago that highlighted my concern when I found out that the sea was full of plastic.  The glass bottles on the bottom left are filled with tiny micro-beads that are sold for nail fashion.  Where do these go when washed off over-decorated nails (really, why bother?) ?  Well into the sea of course.  Here, they are eaten by fish and other creatures.  Below are a couple of photos from this time.  And a link to the appropriate part of this blog.



Installation of plastic soya bottles.  I think I might start collecting these again.


These are some ink and watercolour drawings I made at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven