Blog Archive

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Sweet flowers of springtime and other artwork.



It's that time of the year again. When Sweet William is in its prime. It is blooming in my garden and in vases around my house and studio.  I just love the fact there are nearly 30 flowers on each head that have a spicy, clove-like scent.

I have included a drawing in the Arthouse Group Show, which started today. I'm afraid that this was taken in the gallery, and under glass, so there is a reflection.  Nevertheless, you get the idea.  There is a private view on Saturday from 4-8.  It is good to get Arthouse members together to show each other and the public our work.  I am very pleased that so many people have submitted work.

The sun promises to shine tomorrow so I have included some spring-like photographs.

I give you Dianthus barbatus, Sweet William.  Enjoy it and come along to our private view on Saturday evening.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven