Blog Archive

Thursday 12 February 2015

Waiting for Spring and a glimpse of the Little Grebe.

I went to buy lots of new paper yesterday and today I made a print on the Japoni paper.  Very nice and I think I will enjoy it.  Good job really as I bought 50 sheets of it.

I am quite pleased with the result, although I will be experimenting some more.  I am still working with the Sweet William and Viper's bugloss, as I took so many pictures last summer.

I am waiting for the Spring time and new shoots to appear.  Although, when walking through Brookmill Park on Tuesday I noticed that the bluebells have started to show.  As have the daffodils.  Seems a bit early, as it is now so cold again.

(Just by the by..... I saw the little grebe in Brookmill Park, dipping and diving. You have to be sharp eyed, but occasionally you glimpse the pink of the neck. Hope he is not lonely without a mate now Spring time is threatening).




This is one I started drawing last week.
I am also pleased with this and hope to add colour to them both over the next week.

I want to build up a series of these. I started them last Summer, after a stint at the Creekside Centre.  I sold the one I originally made last week and so I have had to start again.  For a positive reason.

I can't wait for the sunshine to come again.  I have a few plans in my head and I hope to start new projects.  I will share these over the next weeks. I am feeling enthusiastic and positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven