Blog Archive

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Wildflowers, an old school and the BBC.



Collecting images to inspire.  Exhibition coming up as part of the fringe of Deptford X.  My personal story changes day by day and I have more ideas that I need to pare down.   My exhibition is an installation with Carol Wyss and we are showing together at Tidemill Old School.  Details nearer the time.  The show is to be called Herbaria, so it was great excitement when I discovered BBC Radio 4 have a radio show that is about Plants and our relationship with them.  They are collaborating with Kew Gardens and it runs at 13.45 each day. http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/radio-4-kew-gardens-partnership

Today was about Herbariums and how useful they have been for research.  Very interesting and I look forward to the rest of the programme.

My work is to be about the wildflowers that I encounter in my local area.  I caught up with Grow Wild from New Cross the other day and I will talk about them more in the next blog. I'm feeling excited about life now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven