Blog Archive

Monday 28 April 2014

I decided to work on some big drawings.  Partly because I had been to Kew Gardens and wanted to draw plants and living things. Plants are wonderful things and I have been thinking again about the myths surrounding our indigenous plants.  Mostly concerned with keeping away the devil, lightening, witches and other interesting things, but also the healing properties that they have.  I have now discovered Kew have an exhibition about medicinal plants this summer.  See this link. http://www.kew.org/visit-kew-gardens/whats-on/summer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven