Blog Archive

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Backgrounds and foregrounds


Off to continue this series, with the addition of star ascidia or botryllis  or something along those lines.  Am learning Biology along with drawing!  The world is full of wondrous things, I need to draw them.

(Description: A colonial ascidian forming compact sheets. Zooids are elliptical and are arranged in star-systems around common cloacal openings, with typically 6-12 zooids in a system. This species comes in a vast range of colours and colour patterns. There is often a single dark spot at the centre of each zooid. 4mm thick x 70mm wide sheets.) 

So there!  Just google Sea Squirt, they're very interesting.

I have some backgrounds waiting in the studio.  Some I have made colographs, creating a different sort of background for me.  I enjoyed making colographs, made by cutting away at mount board and adding bits on.  The printed finish is quite interesting.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven