Blog Archive

Wednesday 6 February 2013

A journey around Bamburgh Castle remembered.

It is very cold again. Working in the studio yesterday wasn't so bad, but I expect the temperature will drop again over the next few days.  I'll be nithered!  Anyway, yesterday I worked on some backgrounds which are hanging up on the wall of my studio, drying nicely.  This is a quick water colour/monoprint I made a couple of months ago.  Thinking about my lovely holiday in Northumberland last summer.  I collected and pressed quite a lot of wild flowers, some of which I have failed to identify.  Even with the help of my friend who trained as a Botanist!

There were three drawing similar to this.  I have joined them together and made an ongoing narrative.  I hope to work on something along these lines over the next few weeks.

Here's another from the Natural History Museum trip.  I think you can see where I get some of my inspiration.

Anyway my musings and thoughts about collecting, about collating and about memory have thrown up some interesting links in my mind and on the old tinternet.  I will start my research and come up with some cohesive thoughts to present on this blog over the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven