Blog Archive

Tuesday 10 May 2011

10th May - The Waters of March

Suddenly feel like work is "coming together".  Was reminded of the song "the Waters of March"  by Antonio Carlos Jobim (Antonio Carlos Jobim) a Brazilian song writer.  The song is a collage, really, or a list.  It

And the river bank talks
of the waters of March,
It's the end of the strain,
The joy in your heart


http://youtu.be/g3oNSFQVzNM

in portuguese with english subtitles. The english version was re-written with different lyrics (by Jobim).

http://youtu.be/FrmcSJGvz4s

the english version sung by Art Garfunkel.  I prefer this.



From the perspective of the northern hemisphere, March is the promise of Spring. In Brazil the rains in March herald the start of winter.   For me the song reminds me of my "Collections" and my work, and my hope and optimism (mostly!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven