Blog Archive

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Fractals

I have never liked maths.  It has never like me.  BUT, through my investigations into spirograph patterns and further reading, I have discovered Benoit Mandlebrot!  A mathemetician who realised that nature could not be explained in geometric solid forms.  The world we live in is not smooth edged.  The mathematics of this is beyond me, but the word we need is Fractals.  Taken from the Latin root Fractus, which suggests fragmented, broken and discontinuous. Chaos theory or complexity described by simplicity.  I have a lot of reading to do and a lot of thinking, drawing and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you calling common?

Who you calling common?
Monoprint

starling sketches

starling sketches
Ongoing work...waiting for a breakthrough!

The Waters of March

The Waters of March

It's the joy in my heart.

It's the joy in my heart.

Collected Items

Collected Items
the broken, the wrinkled and the uneven